For anyone who's fortunate enough to have a pretty nice life, yet manages to do everything humanly possible to run themselves into the ground, constantly waking up a pile of human degradation. Attempts at self improvement prove futile, and day in and day out you become an increasingly distorted and rotten reflection of all the promise that once was.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Bag of sand" moment of the week

Do you remember the scene 40 year old virgin where Steve Carell is racing home on his bike after a poker game humiliated repeating "BAG OF SAND??? BAG OF SAND???" Well everyone should get that reference unless you're some sort of jerkoff. Anyway, it seems that I have a "bag of sand" moment every week. Maybe it stems from me being immersed in my own personal world throughout most of the day. When caught off guard my reaction seems to be a cross between the "Manning face" and Forrest Gump's reaction as he's sitting outside his mother's bedroom while the principal is giving her the business. Louis C.K.'s bit about this is a total and utter underestimation.

Well my bag of sand moment of the week (4/6 - 4/12) came from a saturday night conversation I had with a girl remain nameless. Long story short, instead of having a witty/clever reply I came back with this gem - "looks like a cat." Now, Steve Carell's "BAG OF SAND?? BAG OF SAND??" moment lasted his bike ride home. Conversely I was haunted with my "LOOKS LIKE A CAT???? LOOKS LIKE A CAT????" moment every spare minute of my week. Maybe if I had came up something clever things would have looked up and turned out better - on second thought probably not.

No comments: